Re: [TCML] Tesla Museum discussion

The original subject title was offensive to me as well as to others, and indicates a mind set I don't want to be associated with. As for a museum, seems to me most of these guys really want a temple to the Great God Tesla and probably have little knowledge of his real accomplishments or their importance.

Ed

On 8/24/2012 8:14 AM, Jim Lux wrote:
On 8/24/12 7:27 AM, Andy Cobaugh wrote:
On 2012-08-24 at 07:05, Jim Lux ( jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ) said:

It kind of depends on what the actual contamination problem is, also.
For all we know the man himself dumped stuff..

I was actually just thinking about that, and came across this:

     http://www.epa.gov/region2/waste/fsagfa.htm

--andy

"The foundation of the former radio tower is called the Tesla Tower Base, and it is approximately 90 feet in diameter and 120 feet deep. "

Holy cow... now that's a base for a TC...

oops "The Tesla Tower Base may have been used until 1973 for the disposal of unknown materials." It's apparently full of soil (and ??) now, since later they talk about how it's been excavated to 30 feet and replaced with clean fill.