Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Rectifying a Tesla coil (was Franklins bells)

I don't know anyone who has rectified a Tesla coil to produce pure DC.
A string of IN4007's would be unlikely to do it as their recovery time means they are not much good over 20kHz, let alone 2-400kHz for a small coil. High speed diodes would work but you would need very many and they might not be avalanche rated.
I tried a string of points/concave electrodes without much success.
Has anyone else had proper success?

Rectifying a Tesla coil attempt http://tesladownunder.com/Failures.htm#RectifyTC
Franklins bells http://tesladownunder.com/HVsparks.htm#Franklin

Peter