[TCML] A new coil is born!

Hi everybody,

This the first coil I've built, its name is Zeus (not very original, huh?).
It's a medium 225W spark gap Tesla coil producing arcs up to 45cm. It is
not that powerful but it has this cool old-style look to compensate :-).

One of the professors took beautiful, high-resolution close-ups of the
arcs. I think these are quite interesting (link:
https://picasaweb.google.com/gerekos.christopher/ZeusTeslaCoil ). He also
took some footage of my coil running (link:
http://youtu.be/lXaHyWWKMFs?hd=1). Hope you will enjoy these.

I've written an 80-pages report presenting the theory of operation
(qualitatively and quantitatively) as well as the construction of the
components. It is in French, but I'll write an English version this summer.
I will post the link for the French version here soon.

With kind regards,

Chris Gerekos