Re: [TCML] pole pig and teletype motor wanted

Kevin Eldredge uses a 120 bps SRSG on his BIGG coil which gives
excellent looking 26 foot sparks.  He uses pig power, and a 5HP
motor on the rotary.  It's necessary to use a rather
large capacitor as Gary mentioned.  It's also possible to use more
spinning electrodes on the SRSG for 240 or higher bps, but some
of the advantages of an SRSG are perhaps lost at the higher bps.
With an ASRSG rotary you can "dial in" the best break-rate for
your capacitor size, assuming a smaller value capacitor (smaller
than 120 bps size), and assuming the ASRSG has a variable speed
motor.  Some ASRSG's are built with a fixed speed (non-sync) motor.

Cheers,
John