Re: [TCML] constructing a metal suit "ideas"

If a suit is going to be too costly, why not generic-ize (yeah not
really a word) and just make shielding?  Get some fluorescent tubes,
and build various configurations to keep them from lighting up, a
light meter borrowed from the photography dept could be used for
measurements and show the least amount of material you can get away
with for 100% light attenuation at various distances...  This way you
can try cheap crap that would kill you if used in a suit, and you can
bring to light environmental issues about emf etc that will drive the
judges crazy (in a good way...)  How loose of a mesh can you go before
the bulb lights up, how much emf is actually getting through, what
does distance factor in???  Can you get non metallic materials to
work, metallic paint, it seems in your quest to make a suit you are
turning up a lot of fodder for what works as shielding...

Scott Bogard.