From: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2011 11:41:28 PM
Subject: [TCML] Vacuum Pump Question

Hi All,

This is a little off topic, but applies to Geisler/neon/laser tubes.

Has anyone used, or tried to use, a vacuum pump out of a Food Saver for pumping down to around a torr or less, or is it too leaky for that kind of vacuum?

In this case, I'd like to use it for a small low flow CO2 laser. I'd also like to try using it for some of Tesla's lighting experiments once I get better at glass blowing.

I do have a pump out of an air conditioner if this won't work.

David Weiss