Re: [TCML] High voltage glue and ferrite cores

How big is what you want to vacuum pot?

What i have done in the past uses canning jars and the like.
I take what i want to pot (small trigger transformer in my case) and put it in the jar with some of the dielectric of choice (paraffin wax in my case) . I modified the lid of the jar by adding a hole then one of those small threaded hunks of copper pipe (just go look in the pluming section of Lowes etc, and you will see). threaded it in, sealed with gobs of epoxy. then used a little grease to seal the lid to the top of the Jar. Now its not wise to just pull a vacuum on this because you will get junk in your pump if you screw up. I then have a second jar with 2 pipes on top the inlet goes down to the bottom of the jar, while the outlet remains at the top, i added some fiber glass insulation as well to act as an air filter. Connect the output to your pump. and go to work. I found that the metal reinforced HVAC rubber hose stuff works just fine as a vacuum hose here. Just make sure all your connections are nice and tight. add grease/ sealant etc.

In my case I put jar one in a pot of boiling water, jar 2 in some dry ice (to condense out water and crud, just ice would probably be fine, but i did not want to screw up my pump as it was my only one at the time). Wait for the wax to melt then pull a vacuum. i kept it under vacuum as the wax cooled.

Once done I just open the jar, cut threw the extra wax and pulled my coil out. But you also could just break the jar.

hope this helps you

Thanks,
John "Jay" Howson IV

"Why thank you, I will be happy to take those electrons off you hands."