Da: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] Per conto di Carl Noggle
Inviato: martedì 1 novembre 2011 20.59
A: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Oggetto: Re: [TCML] valve coil problems

Hi, Carlos,

If you have a scope, you could shock-excite the secondary and measure
its resonant frequency.  Take it away form the primary, then put a
one-turn coil around the bottom (bottom of the secondary is grounded)
and hook the one-turn coil up to the scope.  then flick a 9V battery
across the leads to the one-turn coil.  With persistence you should be
able to get a damped oscillation and measure the frequency.

As a fix, try resonating both the primary and the grid coil at the
operating frequency.  Or you could make a series-resonant circuit to put
across the grid coil--the L should be 2 or 3 times that of the grid
coil, with capacitor to resonate at the third harmonic

Or for that matter, you could try running it at the higher frequency.

I still suggest driving the grid with a low-impedance square wave.  Then
you can run in class C.  Also, make sure that your screen grid supply is
well-bypassed.

Good luck--sounds like a cool coil.

---Carl