Re: [TCML] increasing spark length help

James,

Perhaps our Startup and Tunig Guide is useful to you:
http://twfpowerelectronics.com/~kurt/Downloads/Startup_Tuning_SG_TC.pdf
(it prints 3 pages, and is for conventional spark gap coils).

James Hutton wrote:
hello.I am a 17 year old, and I have just successful run my first
ever tesla coil! :)I was just wondering, does anyone know of a good
troubleshooting/ tuning instruction guide?im using a 15/60 nst so im
expecting about 4ft streamers (atleast thats what all the programs
and formulas said i should get (52inches))but im only getting about
2.5 feet.Im very pleased with the results, but it would be nice for
even better.any suggestions?all the trouble shooting sites ive seen
just talk about what to do if the coil doesnt work at all, not how to
improve it.Also, i dont have an oscilloscope, or intend to buy one,
so thats not an option.thanks! :) _______________________________________________ Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx