Re: Re: [TCML] DRSSTC tuning at high power

On 16:59, Michael Twieg wrote:
  found some primary current waveforms I had taken recently.  They're all for
the same tuning configuration, but at different repetition rates.
At 208Hz:  http://imgur.com/TpjEY
at 330Hz:  http://imgur.com/R9ieE
at 523Hz:  http://imgur.com/pMq2j
Scale is 200A/V or 400A/div
You can see how the notch is barely there to begin with at 208Hz, and at the
PRF gets higher it disappears and the peak Ip grows greatly.  The first
270us of the waveform is being driven by the H bridge, the rest is just
freewheeling.  I can't tell if the power in the secondary is being recovered
or not...

Do these waveforms look reasonable?

-Mike

This is what happens when streamer loading detunes the system. The waveforms look ok. You can avoid excessive current growth by detuning the system in the opposite direction, reducing the secondary capacitance a bit, so the system gets better tuned with streamers. I don't see a practical way to keep the system tuned with streamer loading. Maybe designing it with greater coupling, reducing the sensitivity to tuning. But this also reduces the voltage gain.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz