Re: 120 VS 240 Re: Re[TCML]MOT Shunts

Peter Terren wrote:
Perhaps I should chirp in here. My 4 MOT's are under oil and I think
I gave them an initial load to heat and vibrate to allow the oil to
spread a bit better.
I also have under oil two paralleled microwave oven mains filters.  I
always run with a Terry filter as well, so I have the output
protection. If I recall the output with resonant rise is some 11 kV for the 4 when
hooked up to the tank cap alone.
It has been rock solid in this application run by a 15A variac without
ballast and currents which I have never really measured well but
typically over 20A.

I guess the Terry filter is the difference.

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com/tesla_coil_4inch.htm#PowerSupply

Hi Peter, nice power supply. So, what about the shunts in your MOTs, did you leave them in, or punch them out?

Jon