[TCML] Re: Capacitor Configuration

Thanks for your response Gary, I appreciate it. I thought it
would work but I needed to make sure.
As to your question about my 6 MOTs, they are holding up very well. Yes they are in oil.  I destroyed 8 MOTs before I realized the secret....take the shunts out and make a good ballast.  Removing the shunts made the MOTs run much cooler.  In fact, with them in, the oil would be hot to the touch just after a few quick minute long runs.  I think that the heat contributed to their failure.  Now I can run the coil much longer and the oil never gets warmer than ambient temp. I haven't lost a transformer since.
Thanks again,

John S.
Griffith, In