Re: [TCML] Dimmer switch + flyback?

I haven't, but I would predict that it wouldn't work.  Ignition coils are
made to work at low frequencies and have very high inductance primary
coils.  Flybacks are made to operate at 15KHz.  It won't work at 60 Hz.

It's interesting to note that flyback transformers (along with CRT displays)
are going the way of the dodo bird and won't be available in the future.
Time to start hoarding to make that killing on eBay!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA