Re: [TCML] Inductance of elliptical coil?

On 6/30/11 5:53 PM, Ed Phillips wrote:

There are also tables and equations from Grover ( who worked at NBS,
for Rosa, as it happens). Grover's book is available in softcover from
Dover for about $10. (it might also be out of copyright.. original
date was 1947)

Very valuable if you can find one. Didn't realize Dover still had
reprints. Are you sure?
http://www.amazon.com/Inductance-Calculations-Dover-Books-Engineering/dp/0486474402/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

$10.06 + shipping from Amazon.

1946/47 version is available in Google Books.

 I'd like to get one for my bookcase at work
because I don't want to leave my original there. You didn't mention
Bureau of Standards C74 which has lots of useful equations from the same
original source.

I have a copy of C74, and in some cases, it's handy because the units are more modern, but it's also harder to read (poor quality from microfilm, I suspect).