Re: [TCML] 6" coil form

John,

I make my coupling easily adjustable by using a central wooden post which
extends below the secondary into a socket in the coil base.  This post could
be make of plastic instead of wood.  The post is strong enough to support the
secondary and toroid.  By loosening a thumb-screw in the socket,
I can move the secondary up or down to a new coupling position, then re-tighten
the thumb-screw.  To transport the Tesla coil, I pull the secondary and post
entirely out of the base socket.

The post is attached to the secondary using a wooden (or G8 or fiberglass) disc.
The disc is held in the secondary using nylon screws.  It helps to turn a lip on
the disc which extends under the secondary bottom.  A part of the disc fits
into the secondary form.  It's helpful to use a rather thick disc, perhaps 1.5" thick
or so.  Multiple discs sandwiched together work also, etc..

Cheers,
John