Re: [TCML] first light

DC arcs are far different from AC arcs in that the maximum  length of a DC discharge is determined by the electrode characteristics, the medium to be ionized, and the voltage acrossed the eletrodes whilst the length of an AC discharge is determined also by frequency and waveform.  Consider the output arc of a Marx generator and that of a TC or maggie (also consider the difference in arc between an SSTC, VTTC, and an SGTC).