Re: [TCML] run time

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Ryan Andrews <ryanandrews33@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> how long will my tesla coil run before i burn out my MMC? i have a 12kv
> transformer and 10 2kv .15pf capacitors.

Depends not just on the voltage but also on the peak and RMS currents
in your tank circuit, and how they compare to the rated current of the
capacitors, and on cooling.
Some more details about your coil (transformer, spark gap, primary and
secondary inductance) and the particular model of capacitor might help
us make an educated guess, but it's still going to be a guess.

Henry