Re: Re: [TCML] aluminum for faraday suit ?

On 16:59, robert massa wrote:
    Hi,
        Isn't aluminum a better conductor than steel ?  Since chain male was for stopping swords,  for our purpose would aluminum be lighter and more efficiant ?   Maybe  the rite T rated aluminum wire would be rigid after cold working to form the rings ?  Any thoughts ?

A possible problem with aluminum is that aluminum oxide is an excellent insulator. I know that an aluminum chain doesn't work as a reliable conductor, even in high voltage. A chain mail made of aluminum rings would very probably result in sparking everywhere and shocks as soon as it gets slightly oxidized.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz