Re: [TCML] Photo of my little 'Baby Size' coil !!

Great looking coil Brent! Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards,
Miles

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2011, at 3:52 PM, bturner@xxxxxxxx wrote:

OK< Take II here. Let's see if if things work NOW...!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3848130&l=d320f1d763&id=675162062

Oops. Facebook apparently is a bit cranky...

I'm gonna have to try something else - stay tuned. (Pun intended.)

Gonna try something here, I'm including a direct image link into
Facebook
where I have some other images stored online... Hopefully it will
work...

This is a photo of a little coil that had been an unfinished project for
over 10 years... It was conceived from miscellaneous extra parts and
left-over acrylic material. Figured it would make a nice little 'Museum
Quality' small portable system.

It's driven by a de-potted 7.5Kv 30mA neon transformer, two .0039uF
'hockey puck' caps and simple two-gap fixed spark gap. Peak secondary
discharges of just a little over 6.5", not bad considering only 225 vA
(7500*0.03) going in... Stands about 20" high overall...

Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=245470012062&set=a.63560767062.86138.675162062