Re: [TCML] Mylar capacitor

I respect anyone who puts out the effort to thoughtfully plan and roll his
own caps.  Much will be learned in the process, no matter what the outcome.
 Before the day of MMC's, I did likewise, with LDPE.

But as many will report, despite my best efforts to vacuum impregnate under
oil, the cap failed not long after  it was done (long story here:
http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/rolledcap.htm)

The real issue with rolling your own, is that no matter how thick and
bomb-proof you believe your dielectric to be, unless you make so many
smaller rolled caps in series that the corona inception voltage per cap
(Google it) is not exceeded, the edges of the dielectric will degrade and
probably fail.

I don't think I saw what final cap value you were shooting for or power
supply size to be used?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

PS - I also used one of the "Fair Radio Sales .01/100kV mylar caps, and it
did indeed work.  It did get somewhat warm, so I had to restrict run length.