Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 7:39 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] China Made Variac

I think they're junk. American made variacs are far superior than the
Chinese counter parts. The action of the knob feels like a car driving on
asphalt with no tires on the rims, they use tek screws drilled into plastic
instead of tapped holes in bakelite, the sheet metal is usually stamped
crooked, very poor quality control, the bushings are junk as well. If you're
lucky, it will work ok. Only drawback with the American made ones is that
they are a lot more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Hank