From: Tim [mailto:timothy.wenzel@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 10:36 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Tesla's topload

I have been wondering lately...why does Tesla's patent 1119732 and other
designs show the topload with a surface covered in rounded bumps?  I
assume that this prevented breakout to some extent as he was intending
to create a corona effect according to the patents.  His intent was
wireless transmission of energy.  We design our coils for a light show.

Has anyone ever tried to re-create the surface indicated by his designs?
If so, what was the effect as compared to the smooth toroid with and
without a single breakout point?

T.J.Wenzel