Re: [TCML] Racing arcs and primary resonances

Paul,

I've noticed that if a static spark gap overheats, multiple racing sparks
may form at many places along the secondary.  It's possible the
racing sparks were more concentrated at a certain area of the secondary,
but I don't really remember.  I also don't remember if the racing sparks
began at a certain area then spread over a wider area as the gap overheated
more.  The overheated gap probably quenched very poorly and let the
oscillations continue longer than usual with more beating of frequencies.
I was surprised by the intensity and high number of racing sparks
under this condition however.  I'm not sure if there's any relationship
to Brandon's coil's behavior, but I figured I'd mention this.

Cheers,
John