Re: [TCML] SRSG vs. RQSG

I believe that a sync RSG is inherently better, in terms of spark length,
than a static gap.  When going from a static to a sync RSG, one must use a
much higher capacitance cap.  Doing this means that the "bang size" is
significantly larger than when using a smaller cap and a static gap, even if
the average power throughput was similar (and I'm not saying that it is).  I
believe that bang size correlates with spark length, though I also believe
that a large bang size/low BPS will result in a dimmer spark than a small
bang size/high BPS coil.

And I whole heartedly agree with Steve, that a sucker gap is a big
improvement over a multi-cylinder RQ gap, in terms of easy to build, easy to
adjust, and performance.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA