From: Phil Tuck <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Sep 24, 2010 2:37 pm
Subject: RE: [TCML] Questions on the Freau SRSG Phase Controller

Mike wrote > I use a 1/3 hp G.E. 3600 rpm motor modified for synchronous

operation. The gap has four  flying electrodes  and two stationary. The

phase controller consists of 195 uF of caps ,

That is interesting, as it seems the capacitor size is not scaled upwards as

the motor HP increases. My 2HP SRSG uses  124uF, yet Mike uses 195uF on a

motor that is only 1/6 of the power.

Phil