Re: [TCML] New coil and first light

Craig wrote:
 It seems to be working out well. I ordered the 1.25 x 3 "disc", as it
was called. The stuff machined great and I had just gotten access to
a new mill with a 3 axis digital readout. I drilled the hole for the
tungsten with a .250 drill bit, but the fit was TOO TIGHT. I had to
keep working the tungsten rod in and out, getting a little farther
each time. I guess the tungsten rod sort of acted like sandpaper. I
finally got a good fit where it goes in by hand pushing pretty hard.
The set screw is added safety.

One trick you can do is to use a smaller drill bit first, and kind of sneak up on the hole. It will keep the hole more circular that way (twist bits leave a tri-lobed hole).

When it is just shy of your intended diameter, finish it off with a chucking reamer of the appropriate size.

Jon