Re: [TCML] Re: Dummy load for optimum cap size Experimentation

Gary Lau wrote:

I found that sanding the sucker gap contacts made a HUGE difference
in light output, so I'll have to sand them briefly for each data
point (yes I'm careful not to disturb the gap width).

It looks like I'm going to have to live with the fact that static gap
systems cannot deliver a stable and repeatable amount of power, and
hope that the differences in power throughput with different cap
values will be significantly greater than averaged gap power
fluctuations.  Stay tuned for more.

I used to sand the pipe sections on my parallel gap after each use; I could actually see a decrease in power over the course of a 30 second run.

Jon