To: "Tesla List" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] 8 inch tesla coil design

So the rule of thumb of using only a 3:1 aspect ratio for secondary diameters of 8 inches or more is no longer recommended? It has been several years since I looked at this. Thanks for the input.

Also, David, I am using an MMC and to up the capacitance I could put another string in there. It would raise the capacitance from 30 nF to 45 nF. Can an NST handle charging this load or will I get erratic behavior out of my static gap? The LTR recommended for my power supply is about 35 nF. Thanks again for the inputs!

Jeremy
Sent from my BlackBerry device from Cincinnati Bell Wireless