RE: [TCML] new pig driven coil

Joe,
An ARSG is much easier to build and less hassle to run, but it all depends
on what sort of streamers and sound you want.
100 bps (or 120 in your country) sounds much better to my mind than 400,
600bps etc. Also, the higher bps streamers have a more frantic style about
them that again I am not so keen on. One man's meat, another man's poison
etc.
A SRSG will only deliver if you have a suitable cap and get the phase
control right, otherwise its power factor can be bad. (Read Richie Burnett's
website for the pros and cons.)
Listen to this Italian chap running at 100bps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR96j6Ku7SE
100 bps or 120 bps on a SRSG can stress the MMC as voltages can soar,
whereas 200 bps that I run is kinder. My 0.25 Tu electrodes on an 8-inch
disc handle five to 6kw quiet happily.
Phil