[TCML] MMC construction

I thought I would post a couple pictures of the MMC boards I make. I use countertop laminate (formica, wilsonart, et cetera), which is made from wood fiber and thermosetting plastic, the remnants of which are available very cheap. It is easily cut and snapped to size with a razor knife, and multiple boards can be drilled out at the same time.

Assembly consists of inserting the caps (with leads pre-bent), and using zip-ties to secure them. When they are all installed, cut down wire nuts are used on the back side for the electrical connection.

The terminus of each string ends in a crimped ring for the 10-32 brass fastener at the end. One of the benefits to this method is that it is easy to add or subtract capacitance; my 12 series caps come in at 12.5nF per string, allowing an easy addition or subtraction of capacitance.

Multiple strings go inside of a 6" section of PVC drainpipe, bundling all assemblies as one unit.

Here are a few pictures:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3484/mmc01.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7490/mmc02.jpg
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2893/mmc03.jpg