Re: [TCML] 24V transformer

Hi Scott,

Will 12V at 8A work for you?

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=15-1078&catname=electric

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items: coins shrunk by ultra-strong magnetic
fields, Captured Lightning Lichtenberg figure sculptures, and scarce
technical Books. Please visit us at http://www.capturedlightning.com

Scott Bogard wrote:
Hey all,
Does anybody know of a good source for 12/24 or whatever volt
transformers with decent current ratings. I'm gearing up to do some HIGH
POWER ZVS style flyback drivers and I'm afraid the wimpy 3-amp ones I
have will die in short order, and I don't want to spend a lot of money
(not that anybody ever does.) Just thought maybe somebody knew of a
surplus place somewhere that had some in stock. I could make my own out
of MOTs but they are heavy and I don't have a never ending supply... The
other alternative is to run it off the wall and use a huge current
limiter for my 150+Watts target, but I don't know what that entails
(aside from expensive filter caps, what is a good target, 2,000 uf?) can
I use a big BJT and heat sink with small fan to limit current to an amp
or two... These will be for big 2-4 ft plasma displays assuming my
proposed glass lath and torch works as expected, but it never hurts to
plan ahead. Thanks.

Scott Bogard.