Re: [TCML] Massive VTTC!!!

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 19:44, Roger Smith <rwsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I wouldn't worry about staccato mode.  Staccato mode is for people with
> wimpy tubes.

I disagree.

Staccato can provide improved performance for just about any tube coil,
provided you have the right sort of supply.  The advantage comes in when you
have a doubler arrangement (like that which is found in a microwave oven)
and you have transformers that either have leakage L built in, or added.
This allows you to get slightly elongated pulses.  If you don't use staccato
you hardly gain anything from having the doubler arrangement.   I modified
the staccato controller from Steve Ward's site to allow me to switch the
filament to ground slightly earlier in order to have the tube grounded for
the entire ~15ms pulse.  I get 36" from a single 833C.

~15mS Pulse Scope Shot
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pslawinski/4580086498/

My VTTC
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pslawinski/4775775599/