Re: [TCML] party cup capacitors

This idea has been around for a decade and this is the first Im hearing of it?

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/energy21/cupcap.htm

I must have gone through about 90% of the archives on this forum over
the past two years and I have never had the urge to try to build a
homemade cap until now.

Has anyone proven that these arent worth the effort?