Re: [TCML] Safety Issuie

No, don't run it with a pan of water replacing the sec coil.  The normal sec
provides a certain characteristic impedance load for the pri --- trying to
operate with any sec will produce a very high Q factor in the primary
circuit which in turn produces overpotentials that would, in short order,
damage your cap or xmfr.

I'm not sure of the exact impedance of a pan of water, but sounds like a
possible short circuit which would lead to the same problem.

Best to have the proper sec coil in place when opr your TC or testing.

Dr. Resonance