RE: [TCML] vacuum tube ZVS

Scott,

I know that it is certainly possible and that it is, essentially, a bare-bones version of the current VTTC dual-tube schematics. The down-side is that you would need to make the addition of a grid-leak circuit, as well as - perhaps - protection circuitry for the tubes (to prevent over-volting our running them with too much plate-current). The down-side with such a circuit would be this:

I doubt (meaning I'm not sure) a conventional staccato circuit would work with it, due to the finickiness* of the ZVS circuit's parts' requirements (in terms of frequency, voltage-ratings and duty).

Having said that, I'm unaware of anybody having ever tried it and, as such, by all means, I would love to hear the story of somebody who has. ;)

*Well, I thought I was being a wordsmith with 'finickiness,' though Firefox disagrees.. How very disappointing!