Re: [TCML] homebrew VFD?

I assume you're trying to make a single phase VFD. I ran a single phase motor from a 3 phase vfd by disabling it's phase imbalance monitoring. It worked OK up to a point. If I ran it too slow, the motor's internal centrifugal switch started disengaging. I considered adjusting the weights, so it would engage at a lower speed, but ended up buying a 3 phase motor. My smaller sync motor doesn't have this switch, so I'm sure it would have worked just fine.

Adam