Re: [TCML] Flat Spiral Primary

I did it, but your glue will likely fail, as mine did. I had to screw down my lexan supports. I drilled my holes 1/16" larger than the tubing OD. I think it took two days of hand blistering pushing to get it done.

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/primary.htm

It looked great, but on my next one, I drilled the holes, right at the top of the holder, leaving a little over half a circle, so the tubing snaps in place.

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/bigass_coil/Primary001.jpg

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/bigass_coil/Primary002.jpg

http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/adam/bigass_coil/Primary004.jpg

I don't know how well wood will hold up where you live. If it's pretty dry, you may be OK. I'd consider cutting the top half of your holders off. If you leave a little more than half of the hole, the tubing will snap into place.

Good luck either way.
Adam