RE: [TCML] Idle musings about surge suppressors

And that's what I was thinking.  Phase-to-phase and phase-to-ground?  This is not a 'permitted' installation of the wiring, but I am running it all to code for obvious reasons.

My panel is a 'main lug' type vs a 'main breaker' type (although it's easy to convert and add the main breaker), so I could just add them at the main bus terminals where the feed comes in at the top and be good.  My garage lights are fed from the door opener circuit, which is totally independent of the garage sub panel.  So as far as safety, the lights will stay on if the breaker trips, but it might be more convenient to just reset the breaker in the garage instead of walking aorund back of the house...

I would still, of course, add filtering on each device I build which will create a lot of hash on the line just as a good design philosophy.  Terry filter on NST coils, etc.

Nick A