Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2010 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Pole Pig Question -size obsession

Miles, what is with the size obsession? My smallest TC's have now been on TV programs 4 or 5 times. One of these runs on the remaining half of a burnt out NST. My other coils have also had a wide TV/magazine/newspaper/book and internet coverage. I long ago stopped worrying about spark length (preferring the Rolls Royce engine power terminology - "adequate") and am focussed on what happens after. There is a huge amount to do artistically yet that I have hardly touched on. I have never used or had interest in a pole pig. No-one cares less whether I have a 6 or 12 foot spark and my longest spark of 11 feet is 27 photos down on my index page. My best effects have a spark range from 2 inches to about 5 or 6 feet.

Peter www.tesladownunder.com

From: Miles Mauldin<teslamiles@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Pole Pig Question

What size is optium?  10kVA, 50,
75?  12.5kV or 14.4kV?  Seems to be a very large
difference in physical size and weight; I am seeing 10kVA at
32" height and 280lbs up to 75kVA at 58" height and
675lbs.  Do you just man handle these around, or you guys
have personal forklifts?  I eventually want to use a pig
but didn't realize I'd have to become a weight lifter.

Should I really be looking at Potential Transformers
instead?  Or Plate Transformers?

Thanks,
Miles