Re: [TCML] O.T.?Audio driven flyback.

Oh well, have the 555 chip and the other components,just looking for an easy way out!Figured there was a catch.Thanks for your help. Wyatt

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Bogard <sdbogard@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 13:20:25
Subject: Re: [TCML] O.T.?Audio driven flyback.

No, it won't work.  You will not get any output out of the flyback
because the frequency will be too low.  To get sound out of sparks, you
need to drive the flyback at 100 kHz (way above the frequency of audible
sound.  And that signal needs to be chopped up into chunks the size of
sound waves...  So just like a TC, you hear the 120 Hz firing of the
coil, and not the 100kHz of the arcs themselves.  What you need to do to
keep things simple is to build your driver for 100kHz, and then feed an
audio based PWM signal into the shutoff pin of your 100 kHz driver chip.
  I don't know how to do this, but I suspect it isn't as difficult as it
seems.  Perhaps a digital amplifier already does this and you can just
plug your amp into the shutoff pin, but I doubt it is that simple!  Best
of luck.

Scott Bogard.