Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Computer Interference

So, you've never operated the coil WITH a primary coil, only with the dummy
load?

The Terry filter is there only to protect the NST; it doesn't do anything to
keep "stuff" out of the mains.

Correct about the secondary midpoint.

Glad to hear that the PC is OK.  Usually when you hear beep codes coming
from a PC, it means there's some major fault that makes the PC unbootable,
and the sequence of beeps denotes the nature of the fault.

I didn't follow you about an "internal GFI".  PC's don't have a GFI.  Did a
GFI somewhere get tripped?  GFI's often don't get along well with TC's and
usually best to run the TC on a circuit without a GFI.

The coil drawing too much power should just trip a circuit breaker.  So does
your PC start beeping every time you run your coil (with the dummy load),
and it returns to normal by just rebooting?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA