Re: [TCML] IGBT paralleling

Apparently so.  I would like to see how DC will be able to get away with
this with these mysterious IGBT's because if he claims they are rated at
2400V and 1650*1.414=2333.1v that gives almost zero headroom for voltage
spikes ringing etc...

It is pretty much impossible to make a bus layout that can accommodate these
igbt's.  Even with a very low inductance laminated layout the sheer slow
switching speed will create large switching spikes and will lead to a
certain death to the igbt's.  Not to mention, any decent power engineer will
know to de-rate the igbt's by several hundred volts to accommodate for this
and also because it's just good practice.