Re: [TCML] IGBT paralleling

Scott,

Your question can be answered much more competently, if you reveal the part numbers of these less expensive substitute wannabees.

Chers, Finn Hammer

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 03:51:33 +0200, Scott Bogard <sdbogard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings all,
So, after a bit of researching I've noticed there are IGBTs on Newark with exactly the same ratings as some of the SSTC approved IGBTs, but at 1/10th the price. What makes these others so special that they are better, and if it is just a matter of peak current ratings, since IGBTs are gate driven, can we just parallel a few to get the required pulse current rating? I ask because I've not heard of anybody doing this, then again I've only begun to research SSTC a little bit ago. Just musing.

Scott Bogard.