RE: EXTERNAL: [TCML] Coil pic w/ SRSG

Joe,

Looks great!  Keep posting some more photos!

Dan
http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com
See our new Lightning Detector!

Pics of Coil v1.2 -

New 30ga 22" secondary - wound by Dan M....  New Toroid, bought at amazing1.com

3 deck MMC - each w / 18 series  CDE 942C20p15K-F (each shorted with 10M 1/2W resistor).   Same Terry filter.

Sync motor acquired from Alan in Mn, with 4" garolite wheel.   Inserted 4 2" tungsten rods with collars into the garolite.  I actually also acquired from mota.com a 1/30 hp sync reaction motor (oriental motor) upon which I will  base my next attempt at an SRSG - but Alan's motor came with a mandrel and so made it easier.  Cut a copper disk and epoxied it to the back of the garolite disk to short out the tungsten rods.   If anyone has any methods for cutting copper sheet other than using a metal nibbler and filing your brains out, do let me know.

Gaps are about 1/16".   As it turned out, I didn't have to move the insulators upon which I mounted the stationery tungsten gap rods I had been using for my static gap.   I merely rotated them 90 degrees to point to the rotor and used taller insulators.  So I also left my squirrel cage fan, which I'm hoping doesn't hurt anything.

I now don't have to have the variac voltage very much more than 1/2 to get breakout.  I've tried adjusting the phase, but once you've got the disk dwell dialed in, the phase adjustment is kind of tweakage to get max spark length (I have found - may be doing it wrong).

Will take pictures/video of the coil running as well.

http://yfrog.com/emfcj  is the start of the 3 pic series.  Only iPhone pictures (don't own an actual camera...have to get one.)

Cheers and thanks for everyone's great help, especially John and Gary!

Best to all,
Joe