Re: [TCML] forgot the safety gap on the srsg

Thanks Gary & All -
Will remove the fan.  That was providing my quenching breeze when it was a static gap and I wanted to see sparks on July 4th eve so I just rushed the SRSG build, figuring that if It failed I'd just aim the electrodes toward each other and go back to static gap.

Also am reconsidering the strike rail.  I originally put it high, because when I drew out the polycarbonate primary stanchions for some reason I got into my head that 4" was the right height.  Probably a memory distortion - I thought I read it somewhere and what I read probably had nothing to do with strike rails.  Anyway, it's easy enough to drill a couple  of holes to run a new strike rail lower.  I also have an extra polycarbonate disk I had bought in case I screwed up my first attempt at the primary - so I will bore out a 4.5" hole and lay it on the primary.

Will also narrow the safety gap on the srsg a bit.  It hasn't fired yet, but I haven't really been "brave" in experimenting with "out there" tunings.   I already blew a couple fuses experimenting with phase shifts.  I'm glad the fuses are going and not my hard-work equipment.  But I get nervous just the same.  I did model rocketry for a while, and I had to give it up.  After I watched a couple of my 3-4 month long build projects CATO in unimpressive explosions, I just walked away from the sport.  Would not want to see my coil(s) go the same way.

Thanks again to all for the help.  Back to the garage!  Thank ye gods for the long weekend.

Joe