Re: [TCML] Thumpers Toroid

Phil Tuck wrote:
I am considering a tubular example like Finn's recent "Thumper has utilized. How does the ROC of these toroids relate to the level of charge they can retain?

Snip

Just a last thought but all of these I have seen are on DRSSTC or other SS stuff, are they just as usable on old style RSG 80 Khz technology or do they prefer a high frequency coil?

Charge contained is very close to solid type, which means that we arrive at the same expected capacitive load as calculated with JavaTC, breakdown voltage is unknown to me. Greg Leyh might tune in here, since he introduced this type of toroid to the coiling segment of high voltage. I have seen similar (well, slinky type, really ) constuctions in pictures of russian power plants, so perhaps there is russian litterature about this subject, but where is Father Dest these days?
Bert Hickman, master of the litterature, Help us out here!
With relation to preferred frequency of operation: Thumper is resonating around the 35kHz mark.....

Cheers, Finn Hammer