Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:34 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Primary short

Hi Dan,

I assume you're referring to the measured DC resistance of the
primary side of your NST? Actually, the .7 ohms sounds about
right, as the operational AC "resistance" is a function of the induc-
tive reactance of the primary coil and the frquency of the AC in-
troduced (assuming 60 hz in this case). Have you actually hooked
the NST up to 120 volts AC or whatever its rated input is? Unless
it immediately trips the service circuit breaker (or blows the fuse)
then I would say that your NST is fine.

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: <ag2z@xxxxxxxxxxx>