RE: [TCML] Musical Tesla Coils (plasma speakers on steroids)

That kit is nice and cute, unfortunately, it's not capable of pumping the amount of power I'm looking for.  I would like the experience of constructing my own coil.  The biggest problem I have at the moment is "How do i take an already great SSTC design and make it sing?"  There are so many refined SSTC schematics out there fully capable of 500 watt plus power levels.  However, I am not sure how one would go about turning any of them into audio modulated systems.

This is my idea so far:
Design a 300V Hexfet class AB amplifier using 1000 watts of power mosfets.  Take the signal from my mixer, send it through a 1:1 audio isolation transformer, and ground one leg of the transformer on the output side so I have only a positive biased waveform.  I can use that waveform to feed a low distortion MOSFET drive chip.

Lastly, I will take my now audio modulated 1000W 300V signal and power my SSTC directly with it.  Resulting in a crisp AM discharge with a class AB quality.

Dose anyone see a problem with this design?