Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] DANGER Ground wire question

Chris Arielles wrote:
Is the ground wire and ground rod of a Tesla coil dangerous. If someone were to touch it during coil operation that is? Sorry im a noob.

Chris,

Depending on the power level of the coil and how well it's grounded, the base of the secondary will typically have voltage peaks from hundreds to thousands of volts. Although the ground rod itself will have less, it is not wise to touch either while running your coil. =<:o

Bert
--