Re: [TCML] Top volts with losses (formula bad)

Dex Dexter wrote:
> Formula is not good.Forget about it!

I thought it was good.   I didn't take the time to test it
or reproduce it, but I could see how you must have arrived
at it.

You must have worked out the time duration to the first
voltage max - a function of k and F (lossless case), then
used that as the time variable in an exponential decay factor
having as the decay rate a function which combines the Q factors.
It looked pretty reasonable, with F cancelling out as you
would expect.

> Max secondary voltage in typical tesla coil with
> heavier damping (and same k) usually occurs before
> that time...Damn.

I see what you mean, too bad.   The approximation that allowed
you to separate time-to-max from decay rate is failing at low
Q.

> I don't know how I could miss something like that.

But you didn't miss it - you spotted it and reported the problem.
What more could we ask for?
--
Paul Nicholson